Why Coaching is Important by Carly Kleiman
Coaching to improve employee performance is effective in every area of sales. Instead of managers simply telling their employees what to do, coaching allows these managers to communicate the needs of the company to these employees, while also connecting with these workers on a different level making the employees themselves want to do better. Coaching helps to drive performance and improve performance levels for the overall betterment of the company. With enhanced engagement between the manager and employee, employee willingness to get better also grows.
Below are the five major reasons to coach:
- Engagement- through continuous engagement, companies develop loyal and long-standing workers
- Performance- practice, reinforcement of product knowledge, and behavioral shifting are all areas that should be focused on for improved performance
- Recruitment-there is no greater tool to recruit than current employees, so when staff is aware of the things it could do for others, this is a perfect form of advertising
- Retaining Employees- retaining and growing employees saves organizations money by allowing them to focus on their initial job rather than replacing and training new employees
- Culture of Participation- the encouragement of participation create employees that don’t only care about their individual success, but desire to see others succeed as well as the company itself.