This is a sample coaching map from our book series Coaching Conversations - we hope you find this helpful!
- Through a Success Imperative question, help your coaching target understand how to maximize their success through improving their prioritization abilities.
- Third-Party Question: If we were to ask your peers how they would describe your ability to prioritize, what do you think they might say?
- Success Imperative: What actions must you take to successfully prioritize tasks that come in so that you find balance in your work day?
- Whiteboard Coaching: On the left side of a whiteboard, write down how the individual would describe their current strategy for prioritizing tasks that come in during the day. On the right side of the board, ask them to define what effective prioritization for balance in the day would ideally look like. Then, erase the left side of the board and work together with the individual to create a strategy that the individual can implement in prioritizing their tasks.
Suggested Learning Projects:
- Self-Directed Learning: Assign for the individual to note their strategy to prioritize when a task comes in during the day. They should track how they manage their stress as more tasks begin to come in, and how they decide which tasks need to be addressed immediately. Discuss their notes at your next coaching session.
- Peer-to-Peer Coaching: Assign your coaching target to meet with a new peer each week to discuss their strategies for prioritizing and finding balance in navigating the tasks expected to be addressed. They should email you after their interactions to share what strategies and takeaways that they can put into practice in their own prioritizing techniques.
Supplemental Coaching Strategies:
- Observational Coaching: As the individual navigates finding balance within prioritizing their tasks and deciding which items must be addressed immediately and which ones can be put on hold momentarily, have them observe the effects that their prioritizing has on the rest day and on the people around them.
Want More Info On Coaching Maps? CLICK HERE