You attend a workshop with a group of salespeople and at the six hour mark somebody raises their hand to say "Is any way we can keep going this is exhilarating" - gosh I hope you're laughing? One of the toughest areas of talent development are sales teams. They are in a constant battle of achieving results while developing their own talent for revenue as well as career aspirations. What can organizations do to help salespeople achieve their personal goals as well as enable them to produce growing careers? Here's a list of specific suggestions when developing sales teams:
1. Establish a scheduled coaching process with their direct manager.
2. Deliver a cadence of lessons specific to a performance area that the team and / or the individual needs to improve. These lessons should be filled with accountability actions that the salesperson can complete.
3. The actions that they complete from the lessons should draw upon the real world. People learn best, especially salespeople, when the material directly relates to what they're actually experiencing. A typical workshop can never accomplish this.
4. Create a cadence of lessons that are delivered in a mobile fashion. Most salespeople today carry devices that can access content, their personal email, etc. This is a perfect platform to remind them of the course selling strategies and techniques they can leverage when in front of a customer.
5. The biggest suggestion is to make sure that the content can be absorbed in less than five minutes along with maybe a one minute activity that is not hard to complete that draws upon their real world. This provides real-world visibility to their manager as well!
In essence, it's critical we keep salespeople learning and quantifying what they have learned on an ongoing basis. The lessons and content need to be short in terms of their absorption along with the activity completion. Salespeople will love you for this !
If you are interested in learning about a training and coaching system that provides real-world lessons and A cadence defined by you please click here: More Info